Greater than 50% of people allows their Brittanys to live inside and sleep on their couch or in their owner’s bed. For those of y’all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Brittany, following are our easy rules to follow when figuring out what type of house you want to build for your Brittany.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Brittany: Size
1. You should start your house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Brittany’s potential adult size. Humans enjoy having around two feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Brittany will also enjoy having that much space. The target zone for both people and Brittanys is about a third of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Brittany will need get out a tape measure and measure your Brittany. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Brittany when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Brittany should be able to peer out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Brittany won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand above the Brittany and measure the breadth of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Brittany a House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To discourage pests from entering the house, and taking your Brittany’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the walls underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Brittany can use the warmth of its body to heat the area if it is extremely cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will help your Brittany to escape the unpleasant weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Brittany: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit tilted toward the opening and construct the roof a little bit angled, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In the United States most storms come from the south and west so ensure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints suggest that the dog house entryway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Brittany’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Brittany a dog house. This makes it easier for you to empty your Brittany’s house. You should clean your Brittany’s house as much as you give your Brittany a bath.
Brittany Dog House: Conclusion
If your Brittany lives outdoors then he deserves to have a suitable place to snooze and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Brittany will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Brittanys.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂