Over 50% of people allows their French Brittanys to stay indoors and sleep on their couch or in the bed. For those of you all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your French Brittany, here are our simple rules to follow when figuring out the type of house you want to provide for your French Brittany.
How to Build a House for Your French Brittany: Size
1. You should start your house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to accommodate your French Brittany’s potential mature size. As humans, we enjoy having around two feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling boxed in. Your French Brittany will also appreciate having that much space. The target zone for both humans and French Brittanys is about 1/3 of their standing height. To figure out how much space the French Brittany will need go get a measuring tape and measure your French Brittany. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the French Brittany when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your French Brittany should be able to see out the front entrance when both standing up and sitting. So the French Brittany will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand over the French Brittany and measure the width of the widest point of the French Brittany’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your French Brittany: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To dissuade bugs from entering the house, and taking your French Brittany’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the walls below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the French Brittany can use the warmth of its body to heat up the area if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will allow your French Brittany to escape the nasty weather. Your French Brittany can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved French Brittany would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
Building Your French Brittany a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit slanted in the direction of the door and build the roof a little bit on an angle, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so make sure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most dog house blueprints recommend that the house opening faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your French Brittany’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your French Brittany a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to clean your French Brittany’s home. You should empty out the French Brittany’s house as much as you give your French Brittany a bath.
French Brittany Dog House: Conclusion
If your French Brittany stays outdoors then he deserves to have a suitable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your French Brittany will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about French Brittanys.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂