Over 50 percent of owners permit their Himalayan Sheepdogs to live inside and sleep on their couch or in the owner’s bed. For those of y’all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Himalayan Sheepdog, to follow are some simple rules to follow when figuring out what type of shelter you want to build for your Himalayan Sheepdog.
How to Build Your Himalayan Sheepdog a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to accommodate your Himalayan Sheepdog’s potential adult size. As humans, we enjoy having about two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Himalayan Sheepdog will probably also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both people and Himalayan Sheepdogs is approximately thrity-three percent of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Himalayan Sheepdog will need get a ruler and measure your Himalayan Sheepdog. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Himalayan Sheepdog when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Himalayan Sheepdog should be able to look out the front entrance while both standing up and sitting. So the Himalayan Sheepdog will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his tummy, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand over the Himalayan Sheepdog and measure the breadth of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building a House for Your Himalayan Sheepdog: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow below. To discourage pests from invading the house, and taking your Himalayan Sheepdog’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the panels below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Himalayan Sheepdog can use the warmth of its body to heat the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will permit your Himalayan Sheepdog to escape the unpleasant weather. Your Himalayan Sheepdog can decide to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
Building Your Himalayan Sheepdog a House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a little bit slanted in the direction of the entrance and build the roof a little bit slanted, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so make sure the dog house faces a different direction. Most dog house plans suggest that the dog house entryway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Himalayan Sheepdog’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Himalayan Sheepdog a house. This makes it easier for you to empty your Himalayan Sheepdog’s house. You should empty your Himalayan Sheepdog’s house as much as you give your Himalayan Sheepdog a bath.
Himalayan Sheepdog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Himalayan Sheepdog lives outdoors then he needs to have a pleasant place to snooze and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Himalayan Sheepdog will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Himalayan Sheepdogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂