Greater than 50% of the population permit their Akbashs to stay indoors and sleep on their sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of y’all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Akbash, to follow are some easy rules to follow when considering what type of shelter you want to build for your Akbash.
Building a House for Your Akbash: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Akbash’s potential mature size. Humans enjoy having approximately two feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Akbash will probably also appreciate having that much space. The comfort zone for both humans and Akbashs is about 33% of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Akbash will need get a tape measure and measure your Akbash. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Akbash when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Akbash should be able to gaze out the front entrance when both standing up and sitting. So the Akbash won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand above the Akbash and measure the width of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Akbash a House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow below. To discourage bugs from entering the dog house, and taking your Akbash’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Akbash can use the warmth of its body to heat the area if it is really cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will help your Akbash to escape the unpleasant weather. Your Akbash can choose to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building a House for Your Akbash: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit angled in the direction of the opening and build the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the house doorway faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Akbash’s House
5. It is suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Akbash a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to clean your Akbash’s home. You should empty out your Akbash’s house as frequently as you give your Akbash a bath.
Akbash Dog House: Conclusion
If your Akbash lives outdoors then he needs to have a suitable place to snooze and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Akbash will help you get started.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Akbashs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂