Greater than fifty percent of people permit their English Springer Spaniels to stay inside and sleep on the sofa or in the owner’s bed. For those of y’all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your English Springer Spaniel, to follow are some simple rules to follow when figuring out what type of house you want to build for your English Springer Spaniel.
How to Build Your English Springer Spaniel a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your English Springer Spaniel’s potential mature size. We enjoy having about two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. Your English Springer Spaniel will probably also appreciate having that much space. The target zone for both humans and English Springer Spaniels is approximately 1/3 of their standing height. To calculate how much room the English Springer Spaniel will need go get a ruler and measure your English Springer Spaniel. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the English Springer Spaniel when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your English Springer Spaniel should be able to peer out the front entrance while both standing up and sitting. So the English Springer Spaniel won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand over the English Springer Spaniel and measure the breadth of the widest point of the English Springer Spaniel’s shoulders.
Building Your English Springer Spaniel a House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow underneath. To discourage pests from entering the dog house, and taking your English Springer Spaniel’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the English Springer Spaniel can use the heat of its body to warm the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will help your English Springer Spaniel to escape the unpleasant weather. Your English Springer Spaniel can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build a House for Your English Springer Spaniel: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the house make the floor just a bit slanted toward the entryway and build the roof a bit slanted, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the house is facing a different direction. Most house plans recommend that the house opening faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your English Springer Spaniel’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your English Springer Spaniel a house. This makes it easier for you to clean out your English Springer Spaniel’s home. You should clean out the English Springer Spaniel’s house as much as you give your English Springer Spaniel a bath.
English Springer Spaniel Dog House: Conclusion
If your English Springer Spaniel lives outdoors then he deserves to have a comfortable place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the English Springer Spaniel will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about English Springer Spaniels.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂