Greater than fifty percent of the population allows their Borzois to stay indoors and sleep on their sofa or in the bed. For those of you all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Borzoi, following are some easy rules to follow when figuring out the type of shelter you want to provide for your Borzoi.
Building a House for Your Borzoi: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to fit your Borzoi’s potential adult size. We enjoy having approximately two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. Your Borzoi will also appreciate having that much space. The target zone for both humans and Borzois is about thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Borzoi will need get a measuring tape and measure your Borzoi. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Borzoi when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Borzoi should be able to peer out the front door while both standing up and sitting. So the Borzoi won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand over the Borzoi and measure the width of the widest point of the Borzoi’s shoulders.
Building a Dog House for Your Borzoi: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow below. To dissuade bugs from entering the house, and taking your Borzoi’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels under the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Borzoi can use the warmth of its own body to heat the area if it is very cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will help your Borzoi to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
Building a House for Your Borzoi: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit tilted in the direction of the opening and construct the roof a little bit angled, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so make sure the house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the dog house doorway faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Borzoi’s Dog House
5. It is suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Borzoi a house. This makes it simpler for you to clean your Borzoi’s home. You should empty your Borzoi’s house as often as you give your Borzoi a bath.
Borzoi Dog House: Conclusion
If your Borzoi stays outside then he deserves to have a pleasant place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Borzoi will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Borzois.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂