More than 50% of people permit their Lhasa Apsos to stay indoors and sleep on their couch or in the owner’s bed. For those of you who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Lhasa Apso, to follow are our easy rules to follow when determining the type of house you want to provide for your Lhasa Apso.
Building a House for Your Lhasa Apso: Size
1. You should start your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to fit your Lhasa Apso’s potential adult size. Humans enjoy having around two feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Lhasa Apso will probably also appreciate having that much room. The target zone for both people and Lhasa Apsos is around thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Lhasa Apso will need get a ruler and measure your Lhasa Apso. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Lhasa Apso when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Lhasa Apso should be able to gaze out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the Lhasa Apso will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand above the Lhasa Apso and measure the width of the widest point of the Lhasa Apso’s shoulders.
Building Your Lhasa Apso a House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow below. To discourage bugs from invading the house, and taking your Lhasa Apso’s health into consideration, remember how vital fresh air is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the panels below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Lhasa Apso can use the heat of its own body to warm the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will help your Lhasa Apso to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Lhasa Apso would probably love having a cushion or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
Building a Dog House for Your Lhasa Apso: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a little bit tilted in the direction of the entrance and build the roof a little bit angled, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the dog house doorway faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Lhasa Apso’s House
5. It’s recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Lhasa Apso a house. This makes it easier for you to clean your Lhasa Apso’s home. You should clean out the Lhasa Apso’s house as frequently as you give your Lhasa Apso a bath.
Lhasa Apso Dog House: Conclusion
If your Lhasa Apso lives outside then he deserves to have a suitable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Lhasa Apso will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Lhasa Apsos.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂