Over 50% of owners permit their Seppala Siberian Sleddogs to stay indoors and sleep on the sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Seppala Siberian Sleddog, below are some simple rules to follow when figuring out the type of house you want to build for your Seppala Siberian Sleddog.
Building a Dog House for Your Seppala Siberian Sleddog: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to accommodate your Seppala Siberian Sleddog’s potential mature size. Humans enjoy having about 2 feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Seppala Siberian Sleddog will probably also enjoy having that much room. The comfort zone for both people and Seppala Siberian Sleddogs is around thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Seppala Siberian Sleddog will need go get a measuring tape and measure your Seppala Siberian Sleddog. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Seppala Siberian Sleddog when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Seppala Siberian Sleddog should be able to peer out the front entrance when both standing up and sitting. So the Seppala Siberian Sleddog won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand above the Seppala Siberian Sleddog and measure the width of the widest point of the Seppala Siberian Sleddog’s shoulders.
Building Your Seppala Siberian Sleddog a House: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To dissuade bugs from entering the dog house, and taking your Seppala Siberian Sleddog’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the panels under the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Seppala Siberian Sleddog can use the warmth of its body to heat the area if it is extremely cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will permit your Seppala Siberian Sleddog to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can decide to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Seppala Siberian Sleddog would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build Your Seppala Siberian Sleddog a House: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a bit tilted toward the door and build the roof a little bit angled, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the house is facing a different direction. Most dog house blueprints suggest that the house entrance faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Seppala Siberian Sleddog’s House
5. It is recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Seppala Siberian Sleddog a dog house. This makes it easier for you to clean your Seppala Siberian Sleddog’s house. You should empty out your Seppala Siberian Sleddog’s house as much as you give your Seppala Siberian Sleddog a bath.
Seppala Siberian Sleddog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Seppala Siberian Sleddog lives outside then he needs to have a suitable place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Seppala Siberian Sleddog will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Seppala Siberian Sleddogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂