Greater than 50% of the population permit their Kuvaszs to live inside and sleep on their couch or in the owner’s bed. For those of y’all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Kuvasz, to follow are our simple rules to follow when figuring out the type of house you want to build for your Kuvasz.
Building Your Kuvasz a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to fit your Kuvasz’s potential adult size. People enjoy having approximately two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. Your Kuvasz will also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both humans and Kuvaszs is around thrity-three percent of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Kuvasz will need get a ruler and measure your Kuvasz. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Kuvasz when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Kuvasz should be able to peer out the front door when both standing up and sitting. So the Kuvasz will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand above the Kuvasz and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building a Dog House for Your Kuvasz: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade bugs from entering the dog house, and taking your Kuvasz’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the panels underneath the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Kuvasz can use the warmth of its own body to heat the space if it is extremely cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will permit your Kuvasz to escape the nasty weather. Your Kuvasz can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Kuvasz: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a bit slanted toward the entrance and construct the roof a little bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the US most storms come from the south and west so ensure the dog house faces a different direction. Most house plans suggest that the house doorway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Kuvasz’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Kuvasz a house. This makes it simpler for you to empty out your Kuvasz’s home. You should clean out your Kuvasz’s house as often as you give your Kuvasz a bath.
Kuvasz Dog House: Conclusion
If your Kuvasz stays outside then he needs to have a comfortable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Kuvasz will help you get started.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Kuvaszs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂