All of us dream of training the perfect Miniature Shar Pei, a puppy that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well mannered and reliable at all times. Well dreams really do come true when the training is performed with kindness and dedication. Remember pups learn from day one and want to be taught what is right, what isn’t, and appropriate interpersonal skills.
Pups behave like young children, they really need constant direction and teaching. Training a pup needn’t be a nightmare, all you want to think about are a few basic principles:
Ten Tips For Training Your Miniature Shar Pei
- Up until your pup learns, you need to keep an eye on him at all times. When you are unable to then you ought to cage her. Design a plan for the pup, that will help her to settle down easily. The plan must incorporate things such as regular bathroom breaks, feeding times, rest periods, walks, play time, exercise, and so forth. A pup that has a full day has no time at all to become unoccupied and misbehave.
- Teach the pup to heed you. Miniature Shar Peis live in packs and naturally adhere to a leader. Once you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then training will end up being easy as the pup will heed orders at all times and not challenge your power.
- Utilize only constructive training methods. Never holler at, attack, or punish your Miniature Shar Pei. It’s not only unkind but can easily provoke behavioral problems. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth can wound the animal.
- Show the pup “nothing in life is without cost.” This is a philosophy that is frequently regarded as an useful training method. As you apply this, your pup will learn that to experience something like love, a stroll, or treat, he will need to act well.
- Demonstrate the meaning of “No,” from day one. Do not reinforce behaviors such as jumping, yelping, tug-o-war, howling, or running out of open gates and doors. Commend proper behavior and dismiss or walk away when there is bad behavior. The pup will certainly learn that if he acts up he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To improve a habit you will need to witness the Miniature Shar Pei in the process and startle him by shaking a jar of pebbles. Once you have done this help him fix his behavior and promptly give him a treat and appreciation. Miniature Shar Peis do not call to mind what happened previously so chastening him after an occurrence is futile.
- Be certain to call/use his name positively. Never ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will induce mental confusion and the Miniature Shar Pei will believe that if you call his name then it is for something negative. The pup needs to correlate his name with happy events like hugs, petting, strolls, snacks, and such. If this happens he will approach happily once you call out his name.
- Establish a coaching routine that is short and sweet, about ten minutes thrice a day. Long recurring sessions can be boring and the Miniature Shar Pei will lose interest in the learning session. Help make training cool and use trick training to show commands like sit, down, come and so forth.
- Connect with the Miniature Shar Pei and both of you are going to appreciate your lessons. The pup must look forward to hanging out with you and not steer clear of you by turning tail or taking cover. Be sure to socialize the dog as soon as possible. Socialization is among the most significant teachings. The Miniature Shar Pei must master how to coexist around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, carefully introduce the puppy dog when he is small to regular tasks and noises. Take him to the shopping mall/ park, introduce him to children and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum cleaner and garden hose.
- Discover all about potty training, leash walking, house breaking, as well as food training. These are training 101 lessons that every Miniature Shar Pei puppy needs to learn. Learn about all the traits as well as qualities of the breed. This will give you valuable insights on how to successfully coach the puppy.
As a Miniature Shar Pei parent you have countless choices. You could decide to train the Miniature Shar Pei yourself or enlist at a pro training school. Training a Miniature Shar Pei has many steps: kindergarten, behavior training, doggie sports, presenting and conformation, as well as other facets like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so on. What degree you choose to instruct is dependent on you together with the learning abilities of your Miniature Shar Pei. As you understand, various dogs, like humans, have different talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Miniature Shar Pei pup will have fun times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Miniature Shar Peis.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂