We all dream of training the perfect Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound, a pup that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well behaved and trustworthy at all times. Well dreams really do come true if the instruction is done with care and dedication. Realize pups learn from the first day and want to be shown what is correct, what is not, and effective socialization.
Pups are just like small children, they need to get constant supervision and teaching. Training a pup needn’t be a nightmare, all you want to remember are a few simple principles:
Top Ten Tips For Training Your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound
- Till your pup is trained, you want to keep an eye on him at all times. When you aren’t able to then you have to cage her. Design a routine for the pup, that will enable him to calm down quickly. The plan will need to incorporate things such as hourly potty breaks, feeding times, relaxation times, walks, play time, training, et cetera. A pup that has a full day has no time for being bored and get into mischief.
- Teach the pup to value you. Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hounds live in packs and naturally comply with a leader. Once you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then training will come easy as the pup will obey orders at all times and not test your authority.
- Use only constructive training tactics. Do not holler at, smack, or punish your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound. It’s not only terrible but may bring on behavioral problems. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth could possibly hurt the animal.
- Teach the pup “absolutely nothing in life is free.” This is a mantra that is generally recognized as a practical coaching method. As you execute this, the pup will discover that to get anything like love, a stroll, or snack, he will need to act well.
- Demonstrate the meaning of “No,” from the first day. Do not encourage actions such as leaping, growling, tug-o-war, barking, or running out of open gates and doorways. Commend courtesy and dismiss or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will discover that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To fix a behavior you have to catch the Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound in the act and surprise him by rattling a jar of marbles. As soon as you have done this make him adjust his behavior and immediately give him a treat and praise. Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hounds do not call to mind what occurred previously so chastening him after an occurrence is of no use.
- Be sure you call/use his name positively. Do not ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will result in confusion and the Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound will think that if you call his name then it is for something bad. The puppy should associate his name with happy times like hugs, petting, walks, food, and such. If this takes place he will approach willingly the second you call out his name.
- Generate a teaching regimen that is short and sweet, about ten minutes three times a day. Extensive repetitive sessions can be dull and the Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound is going to lose interest in the learning session. Make learning fun and use trick training to explain directions like sit, down, come and so on.
- Bond with the Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound and both of you will certainly appreciate your sessions. The pup needs to anticipate hanging out with you and not avoid you by turning tail or taking cover. Make sure to socialize the pup very early. Socialization is among the most vital lessons. The Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound needs to learn to exist around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, slowly introduce the doggy when he is little to day-to-day activities and sounds. Take him to the mall/ playground, introduce him to kids and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and garden hose.
- Learn all about crate training, leash walking, house breaking, and also food training. These are kindergarten lessons that every Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound puppy has to understand. Learn about all the mannerisms in addition to peculiarities of the breed. This will give you useful ideas on how to successfully coach the puppy.
As a Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound parent you have countless choices. You could very well decide to train the Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound by yourself or register at a professional training school. Training a Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound has many levels: kindergarten, behavior training, doggie sports, presenting and conformation, along with other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so forth. What level you choose to coach depends on you together with the brainpower of your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound. As you recognize, different dogs, like people, have different talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound pup will have fun times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hounds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂