We all long for training the perfect Gascon Saintongeois, a pet that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well behaved and dependable at all times. Well dreams really do come true when the education is performed with kindness and dedication. Bear in mind pups learn from the first day and want to be informed what is correct, what is not, and effective socialization.
Pups act like small children, they have to have continuous direction and teaching. Training a pup doesn’t have to be a nightmare, all you need to think about are a few basic principles:
Top Ten Tips For Training Your Gascon Saintongeois
- Up until your pup learns, you have to keep an eye on him at all times. Once you aren’t able to then you need to cage her. Create a routine for the pup, that will serve to help him to calm down fast. The routine should incorporate things such as hourly potty visits, eating times, rest times, strolls, play time, training, et cetera. A pup that has a hectic day has no time at all to be unoccupied or misbehave.
- Train the pup to appreciate you. Gascon Saintongeoiss live in packs and instinctively follow a leader. When you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then instructing will come easy as the pup will heed you at all times and not question your power.
- Use exclusively positive training strategies. Never ever shout at, strike, or abuse your Gascon Saintongeois. It’s not only cruel but may induce behavioral concerns. Use of electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on may injure the animal.
- Teach the pup “nothing in life is free.” This is a philosophy that is broadly accepted as a very useful training tool. When you emphasize this, your pup will be taught that to get something like love, a stroll, or snack, he needs to act well.
- Present the significance of “No,” from day one. Do not endorse actions like jumping, mouthing, tug-o-war, yipping, or escaping open gates and doors. Compliment courtesy and ignore or leave when there is bad behavior. The pup will learn that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To improve a behavior you need to catch the Gascon Saintongeois in the process and startle him by shaking a container of stones. When you have done this make him straighten out his behavior and instantly offer him a treat and appreciation. Gascon Saintongeoiss do not think of what occurred earlier so scolding him after an event is useless.
- Always call/use his name positively. Don’t say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will create confusion and the Gascon Saintongeois will believe that if you call his name then it is something negative. The dog must associate his name with pleasant things like hugs, petting, walks, food, and such. If this transpires he will come happily as soon as you call his name.
- Make a training routine that is short and sweet, about 10 minutes thrice a day. Extensive repetitive trainings can be boring and the Gascon Saintongeois will lose interest in the learning session. Help make training entertaining and use trick training sessions to demonstrate directions like sit, down, come etc.
- Connect with the Gascon Saintongeois and both of you will certainly love your sessions. The pup ought to wait to spending quality time with you and not stay away from you by breaking away or hiding. Make certain to socialize the young dog early. Socialization is one of the most important lessons. The Gascon Saintongeois should master how to coexist around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, gradually introduce the dog when he is little to ordinary endeavors and noises. Take him to the mall/ dog park, introduce him to children and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum cleaner and water hose.
- Learn everything about house training, leash walking, house breaking, and food training. These are remedial lessons that every Gascon Saintongeois puppy has to understand. Understand all the habits and peculiarities of the breed. This will give you useful information on how to effectively train the dog.
As a Gascon Saintongeois parent you have plenty of choices. You could possibly decide to train the Gascon Saintongeois on your own or register at a professional training school. Training a Gascon Saintongeois has numerous steps: preschool, behavior training, dog sports, presenting and conformation, as well as other elements like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so forth. What degree you choose to train hinges on you together with the learning abilities of your Gascon Saintongeois. As you understand, different dogs, like human beings, have varied talents. Choose well and both you and your Gascon Saintongeois pup will have good times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Gascon Saintongeoiss.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂