All of us imagine training the perfect Bolognese, a puppy that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and dependable at all times. Well dreams really do come true when the instruction is performed with kindness and focus. Bear in mind pups learn from day one and need to be informed what is correct, what isn’t, and effective socialization.
Puppies are just like small children, they demand frequent guidance and teaching. Training a pup needn’t be a challenge, all you want to take note of are a few straightforward rules:
Top Ten Tips For Training Your Bolognese
- Up until your pup learns, you need to keep an eye on her at all times. When you can not then you need to crate her. Establish a schedule for the pup, this will serve to help her to settle down very quickly. The calendar has to incorporate things such as hourly potty breaks, feeding times, relaxation times, walks, play time, education, and so forth. A pup that has a busy day has no time at all to be bored and get into mischief.
- Teach the pup to appreciate you. Bologneses stay in packs and instinctively need a leader. When you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then training will become easy because the pup will follow orders at all times and not defy your power.
- Use only encouraging training methods. Do not ever yell at, hit, or punish your Bolognese. It’s not only terrible but can lead to behavioral problems. Using electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth might hurt the animal.
- Teach the pup “absolutely nothing in life is without cost.” This is a philosophy that is universally regarded as an useful coaching tool. If you practice this, your pup will find out that to experience anything like affection, a stroll, or reward, he has to act properly.
- Show the significance of “No,” from day one. Do not encourage actions like leaping, growling, tug-o-war, yipping, or running out of open gates and doorways. Praise courtesy and disregard or leave when there is bad behavior. The pup will certainly learn that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To remedy a habit you need to witness the Bolognese in the process and surprise him by shaking a jar of rocks. As soon as you have done this make him fix his behavior and immediately give him a snack and appreciation. Bologneses do not recall what occurred prior so chastening him after an occurrence is useless.
- Always call/use his name positively. Never say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will result in mental confusion and the Bolognese will think that if you call his name then it is for something negative. The dog should identify his name with happy events like hugs, petting, strolls, food, and such. If this occurs he will approach willingly the instant you call out his name.
- Establish a training schedule that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes thrice a day. Prolonged repetitive lessons can be uninteresting and the Bolognese is going to lose interest in the learning session. Make lessons entertaining and use trick training to show commands like sit, down, come etc.
- Bond with the Bolognese and both of you are going to appreciate your sessions. The pup ought to look forward to spending quality time with you and not stay away from you by breaking away or hiding. Make sure to socialize the doggy quickly. Socialization is among the most vital teachings. The Bolognese has to learn to exist around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, carefully introduce the pup when he is small to regular events and sounds. Take him to the shopping center/ playground, introduce him to kids and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum cleaner and garden hose.
- Get to know everything about cage training, leash walking, house breaking, in addition to food training. These are kindergarten lessons that every Bolognese puppy should grasp. Learn about all the mannerisms as well as distinctive features of the breed. This will give you valuable ideas on how to effectively educate the dog.
As a Bolognese parent you have several options. You could possibly choose to train the Bolognese by yourself or enroll at a professional training school. Training a Bolognese has numerous stages: kindergarten, behavior training, dog sports, presenting and conformation, in addition to other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, et cetera. What level you decide to instruct is dependent on you along with the brainpower of your Bolognese. As you recognize, various dogs, like people, have different talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Bolognese pup will have fun times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Bologneses.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂