All of us imagine training the perfect Beagle-Harrier, a puppy that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well mannered and responsible at all times. Well dreams really do come true when the training is performed with kindness and focus. Do not forget pups learn from day one and want to be instructed what is right, what is wrong, and effective interpersonal skills.
Puppies are like kids, they require regular guidance and instruction. Training a pup does not have to be a challenge, all you want to remember are a few straightforward guidelines:
10 Tips For Training Your Beagle-Harrier
- Til your pup is trained, you must keep an eye on him at all times. If you aren’t able to then you ought to crate him. Design a schedule for the pup, this will serve to help him to calm down very quickly. The schedule has to include things such as regular potty visits, feeding times, break times, strolls, play time, exercise, and so on. A pup that has a full day has no time for being unoccupied and misbehave.
- Train the pup to appreciate you. Beagle-Harriers live in packs and naturally comply with a leader. If you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then teaching will eventually become easy because the pup will comply with orders at all times and not challenge your power.
- Use exclusively constructive training strategies. Do not scream at, whack, or abuse your Beagle-Harrier. It is not only unkind but can lead to behavioral issues. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth could hurt the animal.
- Teach the pup “nothing in life is without cost.” This is a system that is generally regarded as a practical training tool. If you apply this, your pup will discover that to get anything like affection, a walk, or snack, he has to behave well.
- Teach the significance of “No,” from the first day. Do not endorse actions like leaping, yelping, tug-o-war, barking, or running out of open gates and doors. Applaud courtesy and dismiss or walk away when there is bad behavior. The pup will certainly realize that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To deal with a habit you need to catch the Beagle-Harrier in the act and surprise her by shaking a bottle of pebbles. As soon as you have done this help him rectify his behavior and immediately give him a treat and approval. Beagle-Harriers do not call to mind what transpired previously so chastening him after an event is useless.
- Be sure you call/use his name positively. Don’t say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will induce mental confusion and the Beagle-Harrier will think that if you call his name then it is for something bad. The puppy must relate his name with pleasant things like hugs, petting, walks, snacks, and such. If this occurs he will respond willingly once you call out his name.
- Make a training schedule that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes 3 times a day. Lengthy recurring trainings can be uninteresting and the Beagle-Harrier is going to lose interest in learning. Make training enjoyable and use trick training sessions to teach commands like sit, down, come et cetera.
- Bond with the Beagle-Harrier and both of you will definitely like your lessons. The pup must look forward to hanging out with you and not steer clear of you by running away or taking cover. Be sure to socialize the puppy dog quickly. Socialization is one of the most essential lessons. The Beagle-Harrier must definitely master how to be with various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, carefully introduce the doggie when he is little to regular endeavors and noises. Take him to the store/ dog park, present him to kids and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum and garden hose.
- Study all about house training, leash walking, house breaking, together with food training. These are training 101 lessons that every Beagle-Harrier puppy should understand. Understand all the traits in addition to qualities of the breed. This will give you valuable insights on how to effectively instruct the pup.
As a Beagle-Harrier owner you have a lot of options. You could decide to train the Beagle-Harrier yourself or enroll at a professional training school. Training a Beagle-Harrier has numerous stages: preschool, obedience training, doggy sports, presenting and conformation, and other elements like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and more. What level you choose to coach depends upon you along with the brainpower of your Beagle-Harrier. As you understand, different dogs, like humans, possess different talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Beagle-Harrier pup will have good times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Beagle-Harriers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂