We all long for training the perfect Austrian Pinscher, a puppy that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well mannered and responsible at all times. Well dreams do come true if the teaching is performed with care and focus. Always remember pups learn from day one and really need to be instructed what is correct, what isn’t, and appropriate socialization.
Pups act like kids, they demand regular guidance and instruction. Training a pup need not be an ordeal, all you have to consider are a few simple rules:
10 Tips For Training Your Austrian Pinscher
- Until your pup learns, you must keep an eye on her at all times. If you are unable to then you must cage her. Design a routine for the pup, this will serve to help her to calm down quickly. The schedule will need to include things such as regular bathroom breaks, eating times, rest times, walks, play time, teaching, and more. A pup that has a very busy day has no time at all to be unoccupied and misbehave.
- Train the pup to value you. Austrian Pinschers stay in packs and instinctively follow a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then training will become easy as the pup will obey orders at all times and not test your power.
- Use exclusively constructive training strategies. Never ever scream at, hit, or abuse your Austrian Pinscher. It’s not only harsh but may create behavioral problems. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth could easily injure the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in life is free.” This is a system that is broadly recognized as a helpful teaching tool. When you execute this, your pup will learn that to get something like love, a walk, or reward, he will need to act properly.
- Explain the meaning of “No,” from day one. Do not embrace behaviors like leaping, mouthing, tug-o-war, yipping, or escaping open gates and doors. Compliment proper behavior and disregard or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will learn that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To remedy a behavior you will need to catch the Austrian Pinscher in the act and surprise her by rattling a bottle of rocks. When you have done this help him deal with his behavior and promptly give him a treat and praise. Austrian Pinschers do not call to mind what transpired previously so scolding him after an occurrence is of no use.
- At all times call/use his name favorably. Don’t say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will induce confusion and the Austrian Pinscher will think that if you call his name then it is something negative. The pup must affiliate his name with happy times like hugs, petting, walks, snacks, and such. If this occurs he will respond happily anytime you call out his name.
- Make a coaching schedule that is short and sweet, say ten minutes thrice a day. Extensive recurring sessions can be uninspiring and the Austrian Pinscher will lose interest in the learning session. Help make learning exciting and use trick training to teach directions like sit, down, come and so on.
- Bond with the Austrian Pinscher and both of you will appreciate your lessons. The pup ought to hope for spending quality time with you and not stay away from you by running away or hiding. Make certain to socialize the puppy dog very early. Socialization is one of the most vital teachings. The Austrian Pinscher should master how to be around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, gradually introduce the doggie when he is little to day-to-day activities and noises. Take him to the store/ playground, present him to children and other animals, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and water hose.
- Learn all about house training, leash walking, house breaking, and also food training. These are basic lessons that every Austrian Pinscher puppy must grasp. Understand all the habits as well as qualities of the breed. This will give you important insights on how to effectively train the pup.
As a Austrian Pinscher parent you have plenty of choices. You could very well choose to train the Austrian Pinscher on your own or enroll at a pro training school. Training a Austrian Pinscher has many levels: preschool, obedience training, dog sports, presenting and conformation, as well as other components like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, et cetera. What standard you decide to instruct depends on you along with the learning abilities of your Austrian Pinscher. As you understand, different dogs, like people, have varied talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Austrian Pinscher pup will have fun times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Austrian Pinschers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂