All of us long for training the perfect Westphalian Dachsbracke, a pup that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and dependable at all times. Well dreams really do come true when the teaching is performed with care and focus. Realize pups learn from the first day and need to be informed what is correct, what isn’t, and correct interpersonal skills.
Puppies behave like children, they need to have regular guidance and instruction. Training a pup does not have to be a challenge, all you need to take note of are a few simple guidelines:
Ten Tips For Training Your Westphalian Dachsbracke
- Until your pup is trained, you need to keep an eye on her at all times. If you can’t then you must cage him. Design a plan for the pup, this will enable him to settle down easily. The schedule will need to incorporate things such as hourly bathroom visits, eating times, rest times, strolls, play time, training, etc. A pup that has a full day has no time at all to become bored and misbehave.
- Teach the pup to heed you. Westphalian Dachsbrackes stay in packs and instinctively comply with a leader. If you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then training will eventually become easy because the pup will comply with you at all times and not test your authority.
- Utilize only constructive training methods. Don’t holler at, smack, or punish your Westphalian Dachsbracke. It is not just harsh but can cause behavioral concerns. Use of electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, etc may possibly injure the animal.
- Show the pup “nothing in this life is free.” This is a system that is generally regarded as a very useful teaching method. When you practice this, your pup will learn that to experience something like love, a stroll, or reward, he has to behave well.
- Teach the significance of “No,” from day one. Do not endorse actions such as jumping, mouthing, tug-o-war, howling, or running out of open gates and doorways. Applaud courtesy and ignore or leave when there is bad behavior. The pup will discover that if he acts up he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To correct a behavior you will need to catch the Westphalian Dachsbracke in the process and surprise her by rattling a can of pebbles. As soon as you have done this make him fix his behavior and instantly give him a snack and praise. Westphalian Dachsbrackes do not recollect what occurred previously so chastening him after an occurrence is futile.
- Make sure to call/use his name favorably. Do not ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will create mental confusion and the Westphalian Dachsbracke will think that if you call his name then it is something negative. The doggy needs to identify his name with happy things like hugs, petting, strolls, treats, and such. If this transpires he will respond happily whenever you call out his name.
- Generate a coaching regimen that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes three times a day. Prolonged repeated sessions can be dull and the Westphalian Dachsbracke is going to lose interest in learning. Help make learning exciting and use trick training to teach commands like sit, down, come etc.
- Connect with the Westphalian Dachsbracke and both of you are going to appreciate your lessons. The pup must hope for spending quality time with you and not stay clear of you by breaking away or taking cover. Be sure to socialize the pup very early. Socialization is one of the most significant lessons. The Westphalian Dachsbracke must learn to exist around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, gradually introduce the puppy dog when he is little to everyday activities and sounds. Take him to the shopping centre/ playground, present him to children and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum and water hose.
- Understand all about cage training, leash walking, house breaking, and food training. These are rudimentary lessons that every Westphalian Dachsbracke puppy needs to master. Learn about all the characteristics as well as qualities of the breed. This will give you important information on how to effectively instruct the puppy.
As a Westphalian Dachsbracke owner you have several choices. You might decide to train the Westphalian Dachsbracke yourself or register at a high quality training school. Training a Westphalian Dachsbracke has numerous steps: kindergarten, behavior training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, along with other components like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and more. What values you choose to instruct depends on you as well as the learning abilities of your Westphalian Dachsbracke. As you understand, various dogs, like humans, have varied talents. Choose well and both you and your Westphalian Dachsbracke pup will have exciting times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Westphalian Dachsbrackes.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂