We all dream of training the perfect Rampur Greyhound, a puppy that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and trustworthy at all times. Well dreams do come true when the education is performed with kindness and commitment. Remember pups learn from day one and want to be shown what is right, what isn’t, and ideal interpersonal skills.
Pups are just like children, they have to have constant supervision and training. Training a pup does not have to be a challenge, all you want to keep in mind are a few simple principles:
10 Tips For Training Your Rampur Greyhound
- Til your pup learns, you need to keep an eye on him at all times. Once you can not then you must cage him. Create a schedule for the pup, this will help him to settle down easily. The routine needs to include things like regular potty visits, eating times, rest times, walks, play time, instruction, etc. A pup that has a full day has no time to get bored or misbehave.
- Train the pup to value you. Rampur Greyhounds stay in packs and naturally follow a leader. Once you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then instructing will come to be easy because the pup will obey orders at all times and not challenge your power.
- Utilize only constructive training tactics. Never holler at, smack, or abuse your Rampur Greyhound. It is not only terrible but might provoke behavioral concerns. Use of electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on could easily injure the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in life is free.” This is a system that is broadly regarded as an useful training tool. When you practice this, the pup will learn that to get something like affection, a walk, or treat, he has to behave well.
- Teach the meaning of “No,” from the first day. Do not endorse behaviors such as leaping, growling, tug-o-war, yapping, or escaping open gates and doors. Applaud good behavior and disregard or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly realize that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To fix a behavior you have to catch the Rampur Greyhound in the act and startle him by shaking a canister of pebbles. Once you have done this make him straighten out his behavior and instantly give him a treat and praise. Rampur Greyhounds do not call to mind what occurred prior so chastening him after an event is futile.
- Be certain to call/use his name positively. Do not ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will result in mental confusion and the Rampur Greyhound will believe that if you call his name then it is for something bad. The doggy must associate his name with happy things like hugs, petting, strolls, treats, and such. If this takes place he will approach happily the minute you call out his name.
- Generate a training routine that is short and sweet, about 10 minutes three times a day. Long repeated sessions can be monotonous and the Rampur Greyhound is going to lose interest in the learning session. Make lessons entertaining and use trick training to explain directions like sit, down, come and so forth.
- Connect with the Rampur Greyhound and both of you will certainly get a kick out of your lessons. The pup ought to anticipate spending quality time with you and not avoid you by turning tail or taking cover. Make certain to socialize the puppy very early. Socialization is one of the most crucial lessons. The Rampur Greyhound should master how to be with other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, slowly but surely introduce the puppy when he is small to regular events and noises. Take him to the shopping mall/ playground, present him to children and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum and garden hose.
- Get to know everything about potty training, leash walking, house breaking, and food training. These are introductory lessons that every Rampur Greyhound puppy should grasp. Learn about all the characteristics and distinctive features of the breed. This will give you important ideas on how to properly educate the dog.
As a Rampur Greyhound owner you have plenty of options. You can decide to train the Rampur Greyhound by yourself or sign up at a high quality training school. Training a Rampur Greyhound has many levels: kindergarten, behavior training, dog sports, presenting and conformation, along with other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so forth. What values you decide to teach is dependent on you in addition to the brainpower of your Rampur Greyhound. As you recognize, various dogs, like humans, possess different talents. Choose well and both you and your Rampur Greyhound pup will have good times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Rampur Greyhounds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂