We all hope for training the perfect Billy, a puppy that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and dependable at all times. Well dreams do come true if the instruction is performed with kindness and dedication. Always remember pups learn from day one and really need to be advised what is right, what is not, and effective interpersonal skills.
Puppies are like young children, they demand regular supervision and teaching. Training a pup need not be an ordeal, all you want to consider are a few simple guidelines:
10 Tips For Training Your Billy
- Until your pup learns, you need to keep an eye on him at all times. Once you are unable to then you must definitely cage him. Create a schedule for the pup, this will serve to help her to calm down very quickly. The plan has to include things such as regular bathroom visits, eating times, rest periods, strolls, play time, education, and so on. A pup that has a full day has no time to get unoccupied and get into mischief.
- Train the pup to value you. Billys stay in packs and naturally need a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then instructing will eventually become easy as the pup will obey orders at all times and not challenge your authority.
- Use only constructive training techniques. Do not shout at, smack, or abuse your Billy. It’s not just unkind but can easily induce behavioral challenges. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on could easily wound the animal.
- Show the pup “nothing in life is without cost.” This is a mantra that is generally regarded as a reliable teaching tool. When you practice this, the pup will learn that to get something like love, a stroll, or snack, he has to act properly.
- Explain the meaning of “No,” from day one. Do not endorse actions such as leaping, yelping, tug-o-war, barking, or running out of open gates and doors. Compliment courtesy and dismiss or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will discover that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To deal with a habit you have to witness the Billy in the process and surprise him by rattling a bottle of marbles. When you have done this help him correct his behavior and promptly give him a snack and appreciation. Billys do not recollect what transpired previously so rebuking him after an occurrence is useless.
- Be certain to call/use his name favorably. Don’t say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will trigger confusion and the Billy will presume that if you call his name then it is for something bad. The doggy must link his name with happy times like hugs, petting, walks, food, and such. If this transpires he will come happily when you call his name.
- Generate a training routine that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes three times a day. Long repeated sessions can be uninteresting and the Billy will lose interest in learning. Make learning interesting and use trick training to explain orders like sit, down, come and so forth.
- Bond with the Billy and both of you are going to like your lessons. The pup must eagerly anticipate spending quality time with you and not steer clear of you by breaking away or hiding. Be sure to socialize the puppy early on. Socialization is among the most significant teachings. The Billy needs to learn to exist around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, carefully introduce the doggie when he is little to everyday events and noises. Take him to the store/ park, present him to children and other animals, and make him unafraid of the vacuum and water hose.
- Study all about crate training, leash walking, house breaking, in addition to food training. These are kindergarten lessons that every Billy puppy must grasp. Understand all the characteristics in addition to peculiarities of the breed. This will give you useful information on how to properly educate the puppy dog.
As a Billy parent you have several choices. You could certainly decide to train the Billy by yourself or register at a qualified training school. Training a Billy has many stages: kindergarten, behavior training, dog sports, showing and conformation, along with other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so on. What standard you decide to instruct hinges on you together with the learning abilities of your Billy. As you know, different dogs, like humans, possess different talents. Choose well and both you and your Billy pup will have good times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Billys.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂