We all hope for training the perfect Japanese Chin, a pup that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well mannered and reliable at all times. Well dreams really do come true when the education is performed with kindness and dedication. Do not forget pups learn from the first day and really need to be instructed what is correct, what is wrong, and effective socialization.
Pups behave like small children, they really need frequent guidance and teaching. Training a pup needn’t be an ordeal, all you need to take note of are a few basic rules:
10 Tips For Training Your Japanese Chin
- Up until your pup learns, you want to keep an eye on her at all times. Whenever you are unable to then you have to cage her. Make a calendar for the pup, that will serve to help her to settle down very quickly. The schedule will need to include things like hourly bathroom breaks, feeding times, break times, strolls, play time, instruction, and so forth. A pup that has a very busy day has no time to be bored or get into mischief.
- Train the pup to heed you. Japanese Chins stay in packs and naturally need a leader. If you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then training will come to be easy because the pup will comply with orders at all times and not challenge your authority.
- Utilize exclusively constructive training strategies. Never scream at, smack, or abuse your Japanese Chin. It is not only harsh but can easily induce behavioral problems. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, et cetera could harm the animal.
- Teach the pup “absolutely nothing in this life is free.” This is a mantra that is broadly acknowledged as a helpful teaching tool. If you execute this, the pup will discover that to get something like affection, a walk, or snack, he will need to act properly.
- Explain the meaning of “No,” from the first day. Do not advocate behaviors like leaping, yelping, tug-o-war, yapping, or escaping open gates and doors. Compliment courtesy and ignore or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly discover that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To remedy a behavior you need to witness the Japanese Chin in the process and surprise her by rattling a canister of rocks. When you have done this make him improve his behavior and promptly give him a snack and praise. Japanese Chins do not recall what occurred earlier so chastening him after an occurrence is useless.
- Make sure to call/use his name favorably. Do not ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will trigger confusion and the Japanese Chin will think that if you call his name then it is for something negative. The doggie needs to associate his name with happy events like hugs, petting, walks, food, and such. If this happens he will respond willingly the moment you call his name.
- Establish a teaching routine that is short and sweet, say ten minutes three times a day. Lengthy repeated trainings can be uninspiring and the Japanese Chin is going to lose interest in learning. Help make training fun-filled and use trick training sessions to explain commands like sit, down, come and more.
- Bond with the Japanese Chin and both of you will love your sessions. The pup should wait to hanging out with you and not steer clear of you by running away or taking cover. Make sure to socialize the puppy dog as soon as possible. Socialization is one of the most significant teachings. The Japanese Chin needs to master how to be around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, gradually introduce the dog when he is small to regular endeavors and sounds. Take him to the shopping mall/ dog park, introduce him to children and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and water hose.
- Discover all about potty training, leash walking, house breaking, and also food training. These are introductory lessons that every Japanese Chin puppy has to learn. Learn about all the mannerisms as well as peculiarities of the breed. This will give you important insights on how to properly teach the puppy.
As a Japanese Chin parent you have many options. You could certainly decide to train the Japanese Chin on your own or register at a qualified professional training school. Training a Japanese Chin has many stages: kindergarten, obedience training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, in addition to other components like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so on. What degree you choose to instruct is dependent on you together with the learning abilities of your Japanese Chin. As you know, various dogs, like human beings, possess varied talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Japanese Chin pup will have good times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Japanese Chins.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂