Over 50 percent of people permit their Wirehaired Vizslas to stay inside and sleep on their couch or in the owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Wirehaired Vizsla, below are our easy rules to follow when determining what type of house you want to provide for your Wirehaired Vizsla.
Building a House for Your Wirehaired Vizsla: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is big enough to accommodate your Wirehaired Vizsla’s potential mature size. People enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. Your Wirehaired Vizsla will also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both humans and Wirehaired Vizslas is approximately thrity-three percent of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Wirehaired Vizsla will need go get a ruler and measure your Wirehaired Vizsla. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Wirehaired Vizsla when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Wirehaired Vizsla should be able to gaze out the front entrance while both standing up and sitting. So the Wirehaired Vizsla won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand over the Wirehaired Vizsla and measure the width of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Wirehaired Vizsla a House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow underneath. To discourage pests from invading the dog house, and taking your Wirehaired Vizsla’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the panels under the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Wirehaired Vizsla can use the heat of its own body to warm the area if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will help your Wirehaired Vizsla to escape the unpleasant weather. Your animal can decide to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Wirehaired Vizsla would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
How to Build Your Wirehaired Vizsla a House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a bit slanted in the direction of the entryway and build the roof a little bit tilted, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most house plans recommend that the dog house opening faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Wirehaired Vizsla’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Wirehaired Vizsla a house. This makes it easier for you to empty your Wirehaired Vizsla’s home. You should empty the Wirehaired Vizsla’s house as frequently as you give your Wirehaired Vizsla a bath.
Wirehaired Vizsla Dog House: Conclusion
If your Wirehaired Vizsla stays outdoors then he deserves to have a pleasant place to snooze and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Wirehaired Vizsla will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Wirehaired Vizslas.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂