Over 50% of the population permit their Pomeranians to stay indoors and sleep on their couch or in the bed. For those of y’all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Pomeranian, below are some simple rules to follow when considering the type of shelter you want to build for your Pomeranian.
How to Build a House for Your Pomeranian: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your Pomeranian’s potential mature size. People enjoy having about 2 feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. Your Pomeranian will also enjoy having that much room. The comfort zone for both people and Pomeranians is approximately 1/3 of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Pomeranian will need get out a tape measure and measure your Pomeranian. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Pomeranian when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Pomeranian should be able to gaze out the front entrance while both sitting and standing. So the Pomeranian won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand above the Pomeranian and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the Pomeranian’s shoulders.
Building a House for Your Pomeranian: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow below. To dissuade bugs from invading the dog house, and taking your Pomeranian’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the walls below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Pomeranian can use the warmth of its body to warm the area if it is very cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will permit your Pomeranian to escape the unpleasant weather. Your animal can choose to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a cushion or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
Building Your Pomeranian a House: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit tilted in the direction of the entryway and construct the roof a bit angled, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so ensure the house faces a different direction. Most dog house plans suggest that the house entryway faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Pomeranian’s Dog House
5. It is recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Pomeranian a house. This makes it simpler for you to clean out your Pomeranian’s house. You should empty the Pomeranian’s house as frequently as you give your Pomeranian a bath.
Pomeranian Dog House: Conclusion
If your Pomeranian lives outdoors then he needs to have a suitable place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Pomeranian will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Pomeranians.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂