Over 50 percent of owners allows their Grand Bleu De Gascognes to live indoors and sleep on their sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of y’all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Grand Bleu De Gascogne, here are our simple rules to follow when considering the type of house you want to build for your Grand Bleu De Gascogne.
How to Build Your Grand Bleu De Gascogne a House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is big enough to accommodate your Grand Bleu De Gascogne’s potential mature size. People enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Grand Bleu De Gascogne will probably also enjoy having that much space. The comfort zone for both people and Grand Bleu De Gascognes is around thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Grand Bleu De Gascogne will need get out a ruler and measure your Grand Bleu De Gascogne. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Grand Bleu De Gascogne when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Grand Bleu De Gascogne should be able to see out the front door while both standing up and sitting. So the Grand Bleu De Gascogne won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that door is high enough. Stand over the Grand Bleu De Gascogne and measure the width of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Grand Bleu De Gascogne a House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow below. To dissuade bugs from entering the house, and taking your Grand Bleu De Gascogne’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the walls underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Grand Bleu De Gascogne can use the heat of its own body to heat the space if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will allow your Grand Bleu De Gascogne to escape the bad weather. Your animal can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
Building Your Grand Bleu De Gascogne a House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a little bit tilted in the direction of the door and construct the roof a bit tilted, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so make sure the house is facing a different direction. Most house plans suggest that the house entrance faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Grand Bleu De Gascogne’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Grand Bleu De Gascogne a dog house. This makes it easier for you to clean your Grand Bleu De Gascogne’s house. You should clean your Grand Bleu De Gascogne’s house as much as you give your Grand Bleu De Gascogne a bath.
Grand Bleu De Gascogne Dog House: Conclusion
If your Grand Bleu De Gascogne lives outside then he deserves to have a comfortable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Grand Bleu De Gascogne will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Grand Bleu De Gascognes.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂