Over 50% of the population permit their Perro De Presa Mallorquins to live inside and sleep on the couch or in the bed. For those of you guys who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Perro De Presa Mallorquin, below are some simple rules to follow when considering what type of shelter you want to provide for your Perro De Presa Mallorquin.
Building Your Perro De Presa Mallorquin a House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Perro De Presa Mallorquin’s potential adult size. Humans enjoy having about two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Perro De Presa Mallorquin will probably also appreciate having that much room. The target zone for both humans and Perro De Presa Mallorquins is around 33 percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Perro De Presa Mallorquin will need get a tape measure and measure your Perro De Presa Mallorquin. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Perro De Presa Mallorquin when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Perro De Presa Mallorquin should be able to gaze out the front entrance while both sitting and standing. So the Perro De Presa Mallorquin won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand over the Perro De Presa Mallorquin and measure the width of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building a House for Your Perro De Presa Mallorquin: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To dissuade pests from entering the house, and taking your Perro De Presa Mallorquin’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels underneath the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Perro De Presa Mallorquin can use the warmth of its own body to heat up the space if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will permit your Perro De Presa Mallorquin to escape the bad weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Perro De Presa Mallorquin would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Perro De Presa Mallorquin: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit tilted in the direction of the door and construct the roof a little bit slanted, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the US most storms come from the west and south so ensure the house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints suggest that the dog house entryway faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Perro De Presa Mallorquin’s Dog House
5. It is suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Perro De Presa Mallorquin a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to clean your Perro De Presa Mallorquin’s home. You should clean your Perro De Presa Mallorquin’s house as often as you give your Perro De Presa Mallorquin a bath.
Perro De Presa Mallorquin Dog House: Conclusion
If your Perro De Presa Mallorquin lives outside then he needs to have a pleasant place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Perro De Presa Mallorquin will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Perro De Presa Mallorquins.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂