More than 50% of the population permit their Polish Hunting Dogs to stay inside and sleep on their sofa or in the bed. For those of you guys who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Polish Hunting Dog, to follow are our easy rules to follow when determining what type of house you want to provide for your Polish Hunting Dog.
How to Build Your Polish Hunting Dog a House: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Polish Hunting Dog’s potential mature size. Humans enjoy having about two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Polish Hunting Dog will also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both people and Polish Hunting Dogs is approximately thrity-three percent of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Polish Hunting Dog will need go get a measuring tape and measure your Polish Hunting Dog. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Polish Hunting Dog when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Polish Hunting Dog should be able to gaze out the front entrance while both sitting and standing. So the Polish Hunting Dog will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his tummy, make sure that door is high enough. Stand over the Polish Hunting Dog and measure the breadth of the widest point of the Polish Hunting Dog’s shoulders.
Building Your Polish Hunting Dog a House: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To discourage pests from invading the house, and taking your Polish Hunting Dog’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels underneath the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Polish Hunting Dog can use the warmth of its own body to warm the space if it is really cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will allow your Polish Hunting Dog to escape the nasty weather. Your Polish Hunting Dog can decide to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Polish Hunting Dog would probably love having a cushion or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Polish Hunting Dog: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a bit slanted toward the entrance and build the roof a bit tilted, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the interior.
4. In the United States most storms come from the south and west so make sure the dog house faces a different direction. Most dog house plans recommend that the house opening faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Polish Hunting Dog’s Dog House
5. It is suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Polish Hunting Dog a dog house. This makes it easier for you to clean your Polish Hunting Dog’s house. You should clean your Polish Hunting Dog’s house as frequently as you give your Polish Hunting Dog a bath.
Polish Hunting Dog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Polish Hunting Dog lives outdoors then he needs to have a suitable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Polish Hunting Dog will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Polish Hunting Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂