Greater than 50% of owners permit their Jamthunds to live indoors and sleep on their sofa or in the bed. For those of y’all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Jamthund, following are our simple rules to follow when deciding the type of house you want to build for your Jamthund.
How to Build Your Jamthund a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is large enough to fit your Jamthund’s potential adult size. We enjoy having about 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Jamthund will probably also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both humans and Jamthunds is about thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Jamthund will need get out a measuring tape and measure your Jamthund. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Jamthund when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Jamthund should be able to look out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Jamthund won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that door is high enough. Stand over the Jamthund and measure the width of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Jamthund: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade bugs from invading the dog house, and taking your Jamthund’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the walls below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Jamthund can use the heat of its body to warm up the space if it is very cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will allow your Jamthund to escape the bad weather. Your Jamthund can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Jamthund would probably love having a pillow or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build a House for Your Jamthund: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit angled toward the opening and build the roof a bit angled, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the US most storms come from the west and south so ensure the house faces a different direction. Most dog house blueprints suggest that the dog house opening faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Jamthund’s House
5. It’s recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Jamthund a dog house. This makes it easier for you to empty out your Jamthund’s house. You should empty your Jamthund’s house as much as you give your Jamthund a bath.
Jamthund Dog House: Conclusion
If your Jamthund lives outside then he deserves to have a suitable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Jamthund will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Jamthunds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂