More than fifty percent of owners allows their Central Asian Shepherd Dogs to stay inside and sleep on their sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Central Asian Shepherd Dog, here are some simple rules to follow when deciding what type of shelter you want to provide for your Central Asian Shepherd Dog.
Building a House for Your Central Asian Shepherd Dog: Size
1. You should start your house building process by making sure the house is large enough to fit your Central Asian Shepherd Dog’s potential mature size. We enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling boxed in. Your Central Asian Shepherd Dog will also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both people and Central Asian Shepherd Dogs is approximately 33 percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Central Asian Shepherd Dog will need get out a ruler and measure your Central Asian Shepherd Dog. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Central Asian Shepherd Dog when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Central Asian Shepherd Dog should be able to look out the front entrance while both sitting and standing. So the Central Asian Shepherd Dog won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand over the Central Asian Shepherd Dog and measure the breadth of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building a House for Your Central Asian Shepherd Dog: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade bugs from entering the dog house, and taking your Central Asian Shepherd Dog’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels under the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Central Asian Shepherd Dog can use the warmth of its body to heat the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will permit your Central Asian Shepherd Dog to escape the unpleasant weather. Your animal can decide to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Central Asian Shepherd Dog: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a bit slanted toward the door and construct the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the dog house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the house entrance faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Central Asian Shepherd Dog’s Dog House
5. It is suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Central Asian Shepherd Dog a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to empty your Central Asian Shepherd Dog’s home. You should empty the Central Asian Shepherd Dog’s house as frequently as you give your Central Asian Shepherd Dog a bath.
Central Asian Shepherd Dog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Central Asian Shepherd Dog stays outdoors then he deserves to have a pleasant place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Central Asian Shepherd Dog will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Central Asian Shepherd Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂