Greater than 50 percent of owners allows their Billys to stay inside and sleep on their couch or in the bed. For those of y’all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Billy, below are our simple rules to follow when considering what type of shelter you want to build for your Billy.
Building Your Billy a House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to accommodate your Billy’s potential adult size. Humans enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Billy will probably also enjoy having that much space. The comfort zone for both people and Billys is approximately 1/3 of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Billy will need go get a tape measure and measure your Billy. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Billy when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Billy should be able to gaze out the front entrance while both standing up and sitting. So the Billy won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand above the Billy and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the Billy’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Billy: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow below. To discourage bugs from entering the dog house, and taking your Billy’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the panels under the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Billy can use the warmth of its body to heat the space if it is really cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will help your Billy to escape the unpleasant weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build a House for Your Billy: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the house make the floor just a bit tilted in the direction of the entryway and construct the roof a little bit tilted, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so make sure the dog house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints suggest that the dog house door faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Billy’s House
5. It is recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Billy a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to empty out your Billy’s home. You should empty your Billy’s house as much as you give your Billy a bath.
Billy Dog House: Conclusion
If your Billy lives outside then he needs to have a comfortable place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Billy will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Billys.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂