More than 50% of owners allows their Alano Espanols to live inside and sleep on their sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you guys who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Alano Espanol, here are our easy rules to follow when considering the type of shelter you want to provide for your Alano Espanol.
How to Build a House for Your Alano Espanol: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to fit your Alano Espanol’s potential mature size. People enjoy having approximately two feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling boxed in. The Alano Espanol will also appreciate having that much room. The target zone for both people and Alano Espanols is about 33 percent of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Alano Espanol will need get a measuring tape and measure your Alano Espanol. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Alano Espanol when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Alano Espanol should be able to peer out the front door while both standing up and sitting. So the Alano Espanol will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that door is high enough. Stand above the Alano Espanol and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Alano Espanol: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow underneath. To dissuade pests from invading the dog house, and taking your Alano Espanol’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the walls underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Alano Espanol can use the warmth of its own body to heat up the area if it is extremely cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will permit your Alano Espanol to escape the unpleasant weather. Your Alano Espanol can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Alano Espanol would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building a House for Your Alano Espanol: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a little bit tilted toward the entrance and construct the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so make sure the house is facing a different direction. Most house plans recommend that the house entrance faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Alano Espanol’s House
5. It is suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Alano Espanol a house. This makes it easier for you to clean your Alano Espanol’s home. You should clean the Alano Espanol’s house as much as you give your Alano Espanol a bath.
Alano Espanol Dog House: Conclusion
If your Alano Espanol lives outside then he deserves to have a suitable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Alano Espanol will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Alano Espanols.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂