More than 50% of the population allows their Affenpinschers to stay inside and sleep on their couch or in the bed. For those of you guys who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Affenpinscher, below are some easy rules to follow when deciding the type of shelter you want to provide for your Affenpinscher.
Building Your Affenpinscher a House: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to accommodate your Affenpinscher’s potential adult size. We enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Affenpinscher will also enjoy having that much space. The comfort zone for both people and Affenpinschers is approximately thrity-three percent of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Affenpinscher will need get out a tape measure and measure your Affenpinscher. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Affenpinscher when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Affenpinscher should be able to see out the front entrance when both standing up and sitting. So the Affenpinscher won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that door is high enough. Stand above the Affenpinscher and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building a House for Your Affenpinscher: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow below. To discourage bugs from entering the dog house, and taking your Affenpinscher’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the walls under the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Affenpinscher can use the heat of its own body to warm the space if it is very cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will allow your Affenpinscher to escape the inclement weather. Your Affenpinscher can decide to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Affenpinscher would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
Building a House for Your Affenpinscher: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the house make the floor just a little bit tilted toward the door and construct the roof a little bit slanted, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In the US most storms come from the south and west so make sure the house faces a different direction. Most house plans suggest that the dog house opening faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Affenpinscher’s Dog House
5. It is recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Affenpinscher a house. This makes it easier for you to empty your Affenpinscher’s home. You should clean the Affenpinscher’s house as frequently as you give your Affenpinscher a bath.
Affenpinscher Dog House: Conclusion
If your Affenpinscher stays outside then he needs to have a comfortable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Affenpinscher will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Affenpinschers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂