More than 50% of the population permit their Staffordshire Bull Terriers to stay inside and sleep on their sofa or in the bed. For those of you all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Staffordshire Bull Terrier, below are some easy rules to follow when considering what type of shelter you want to build for your Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
How to Build Your Staffordshire Bull Terrier a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to fit your Staffordshire Bull Terrier’s potential adult size. We enjoy having approximately two feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Staffordshire Bull Terrier will also enjoy having that much room. The comfort zone for both humans and Staffordshire Bull Terriers is about thrity-three percent of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Staffordshire Bull Terrier will need get a tape measure and measure your Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Staffordshire Bull Terrier should be able to look out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the Staffordshire Bull Terrier will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand over the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Staffordshire Bull Terrier: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow underneath. To discourage pests from invading the house, and taking your Staffordshire Bull Terrier’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Staffordshire Bull Terrier can use the warmth of its own body to warm up the space if it is really cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will permit your Staffordshire Bull Terrier to escape the inclement weather. Your Staffordshire Bull Terrier can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
Building Your Staffordshire Bull Terrier a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit angled in the direction of the entrance and construct the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so make sure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the house doorway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Staffordshire Bull Terrier’s Dog House
5. It is suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Staffordshire Bull Terrier a dog house. This makes it easier for you to clean your Staffordshire Bull Terrier’s home. You should clean out the Staffordshire Bull Terrier’s house as frequently as you give your Staffordshire Bull Terrier a bath.
Staffordshire Bull Terrier Dog House: Conclusion
If your Staffordshire Bull Terrier lives outside then he deserves to have a suitable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Staffordshire Bull Terrier will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Staffordshire Bull Terriers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂