More than 50% of owners permit their Tibetan Spaniels to live inside and sleep on their sofa or in the owner’s bed. For those of you guys who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Tibetan Spaniel, below are our easy rules to follow when determining what type of house you want to provide for your Tibetan Spaniel.
Building Your Tibetan Spaniel a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your Tibetan Spaniel’s potential mature size. Humans enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Tibetan Spaniel will also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both people and Tibetan Spaniels is around 1/3 of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Tibetan Spaniel will need get a ruler and measure your Tibetan Spaniel. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Tibetan Spaniel when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Tibetan Spaniel should be able to gaze out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Tibetan Spaniel won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand above the Tibetan Spaniel and measure the width of the broadest point of the Tibetan Spaniel’s shoulders.
Building Your Tibetan Spaniel a Dog House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow underneath. To dissuade bugs from invading the house, and taking your Tibetan Spaniel’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the panels under the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Tibetan Spaniel can use the warmth of its body to heat the space if it is really cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will permit your Tibetan Spaniel to escape the bad weather. Your Tibetan Spaniel can decide to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Tibetan Spaniel: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit tilted toward the entryway and build the roof a little bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so make sure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most dog house plans recommend that the house door faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Tibetan Spaniel’s Dog House
5. It is suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Tibetan Spaniel a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to empty your Tibetan Spaniel’s home. You should clean your Tibetan Spaniel’s house as frequently as you give your Tibetan Spaniel a bath.
Tibetan Spaniel Dog House: Conclusion
If your Tibetan Spaniel stays outdoors then he deserves to have a pleasant place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your Tibetan Spaniel will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Tibetan Spaniels.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂