Greater than 50 percent of people allows their Sloughis to stay indoors and sleep on the sofa or in the owner’s bed. For those of you who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Sloughi, following are our easy rules to follow when considering the type of house you want to build for your Sloughi.
How to Build a House for Your Sloughi: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to fit your Sloughi’s potential mature size. As humans, we enjoy having approximately two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Sloughi will probably also appreciate having that much space. The comfort zone for both humans and Sloughis is approximately a third of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Sloughi will need get out a measuring tape and measure your Sloughi. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Sloughi when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Sloughi should be able to see out the front door when both standing up and sitting. So the Sloughi will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand above the Sloughi and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Sloughi: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow below. To dissuade pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Sloughi’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the walls underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Sloughi can use the warmth of its body to warm up the space if it is very cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will permit your Sloughi to escape the unpleasant weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Sloughi would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building a House for Your Sloughi: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit slanted toward the entryway and build the roof a bit angled, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the house is facing a different direction. Most house plans suggest that the house opening faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Sloughi’s House
5. It is recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Sloughi a house. This makes it easier for you to empty out your Sloughi’s home. You should empty your Sloughi’s house as frequently as you give your Sloughi a bath.
Sloughi Dog House: Conclusion
If your Sloughi stays outside then he needs to have a suitable place to snooze and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your Sloughi will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Sloughis.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂