Greater than 50% of the population permit their Schweizerischer Niederlaufhunds to live indoors and sleep on the sofa or in the owner’s bed. For those of you who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund, here are some simple rules to follow when deciding the type of house you want to build for your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund.
How to Build Your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund a House: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is large enough to fit your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund’s potential adult size. As humans, we enjoy having approximately two feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund will also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both humans and Schweizerischer Niederlaufhunds is around 33% of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund will need get a tape measure and measure your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund should be able to see out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand over the Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund and measure the width of the broadest point of the Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund’s shoulders.
Building a House for Your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow underneath. To discourage pests from entering the house, and taking your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the walls under the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund can use the heat of its own body to heat up the area if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will permit your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund to escape the bad weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building Your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund a House: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit tilted toward the door and construct the roof a bit slanted, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so make sure the dog house faces a different direction. Most house plans recommend that the house doorway faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund’s House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund a house. This makes it simpler for you to clean out your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund’s house. You should clean the Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund’s house as often as you give your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund a bath.
Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund Dog House: Conclusion
If your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund stays outside then he needs to have a pleasant place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Schweizerischer Niederlaufhund will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Schweizerischer Niederlaufhunds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂