Greater than fifty percent of people allows their Pharaoh Hounds to live indoors and sleep on the couch or in the bed. For those of you guys who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Pharaoh Hound, here are some simple rules to follow when deciding the type of shelter you want to build for your Pharaoh Hound.
How to Build Your Pharaoh Hound a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to fit your Pharaoh Hound’s potential mature size. We enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling boxed in. Your Pharaoh Hound will probably also appreciate having that much space. The comfort zone for both people and Pharaoh Hounds is about 1/3 of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Pharaoh Hound will need get a tape measure and measure your Pharaoh Hound. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Pharaoh Hound when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Pharaoh Hound should be able to see out the front door while both standing up and sitting. So the Pharaoh Hound will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his tummy, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand over the Pharaoh Hound and measure the breadth of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Pharaoh Hound a Dog House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow underneath. To dissuade pests from invading the house, and taking your Pharaoh Hound’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the panels below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Pharaoh Hound can use the heat of its body to warm up the space if it is very cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will help your Pharaoh Hound to escape the unpleasant weather. Your animal can decide to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
Building Your Pharaoh Hound a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the dog house make the floor just a bit tilted toward the door and construct the roof a little bit angled, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so make sure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the house entryway faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Pharaoh Hound’s House
5. It is suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Pharaoh Hound a house. This makes it easier for you to empty your Pharaoh Hound’s house. You should clean your Pharaoh Hound’s house as frequently as you give your Pharaoh Hound a bath.
Pharaoh Hound Dog House: Conclusion
If your Pharaoh Hound lives outdoors then he deserves to have a suitable place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for your Pharaoh Hound will help you get started.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Pharaoh Hounds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂