Greater than 50 percent of owners permit their Volpino Italianos to live inside and sleep on the sofa or in the owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Volpino Italiano, below are our simple rules to follow when determining the type of shelter you want to provide for your Volpino Italiano.
Building Your Volpino Italiano a House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Volpino Italiano’s potential mature size. People enjoy having about 2 feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Volpino Italiano will probably also appreciate having that much room. The target zone for both people and Volpino Italianos is approximately a third of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Volpino Italiano will need get out a measuring tape and measure your Volpino Italiano. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Volpino Italiano when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Volpino Italiano should be able to peer out the front door when both standing up and sitting. So the Volpino Italiano will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that door is high enough. Stand over the Volpino Italiano and measure the width of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Volpino Italiano: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To dissuade bugs from entering the dog house, and taking your Volpino Italiano’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Volpino Italiano can use the heat of its own body to warm the area if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will allow your Volpino Italiano to escape the nasty weather. Your Volpino Italiano can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Volpino Italiano would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
Building a House for Your Volpino Italiano: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the dog house make the floor just a bit slanted in the direction of the entrance and build the roof a little bit angled, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so ensure the house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints suggest that the house door faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Volpino Italiano’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Volpino Italiano a house. This makes it easier for you to clean your Volpino Italiano’s house. You should empty the Volpino Italiano’s house as much as you give your Volpino Italiano a bath.
Volpino Italiano Dog House: Conclusion
If your Volpino Italiano stays outdoors then he deserves to have a comfortable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Volpino Italiano will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Volpino Italianos.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂