Greater than 50% of people permit their Laekenoiss to live inside and sleep on the sofa or in the bed. For those of you guys who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Laekenois, following are some simple rules to follow when figuring out the type of shelter you want to build for your Laekenois.
Building a House for Your Laekenois: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Laekenois’s potential adult size. People enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Laekenois will probably also appreciate having that much space. The comfort zone for both humans and Laekenoiss is around a third of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Laekenois will need get out a ruler and measure your Laekenois. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Laekenois when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Laekenois should be able to gaze out the front entrance when both standing up and sitting. So the Laekenois won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that door is high enough. Stand over the Laekenois and measure the width of the widest point of the Laekenois’s shoulders.
Building Your Laekenois a House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To discourage bugs from entering the house, and taking your Laekenois’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels under the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Laekenois can use the warmth of its own body to heat up the area if it is really cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will allow your Laekenois to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Laekenois would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building a House for Your Laekenois: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit angled in the direction of the door and build the roof a little bit tilted, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so make sure the dog house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the house entryway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Laekenois’s Dog House
5. It is recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Laekenois a house. This makes it simpler for you to empty your Laekenois’s home. You should empty your Laekenois’s house as much as you give your Laekenois a bath.
Laekenois Dog House: Conclusion
If your Laekenois stays outdoors then he deserves to have a pleasant place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Laekenois will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Laekenoiss.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂