More than 50% of the population permit their Blue Lacys to stay indoors and sleep on the sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Blue Lacy, to follow are our simple rules to follow when determining what type of house you want to provide for your Blue Lacy.
How to Build Your Blue Lacy a House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to accommodate your Blue Lacy’s potential mature size. People enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Blue Lacy will probably also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both humans and Blue Lacys is about thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Blue Lacy will need go get a measuring tape and measure your Blue Lacy. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Blue Lacy when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Blue Lacy should be able to gaze out the front door when both standing up and sitting. So the Blue Lacy won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand over the Blue Lacy and measure the width of the widest point of the Blue Lacy’s shoulders.
Building Your Blue Lacy a House: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade bugs from invading the dog house, and taking your Blue Lacy’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Blue Lacy can use the warmth of its own body to warm up the area if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will permit your Blue Lacy to escape the unpleasant weather. Your animal can decide to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building Your Blue Lacy a House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the dog house make the floor just a bit tilted in the direction of the entryway and build the roof a bit slanted, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In the US most storms come from the south and west so make sure the house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints suggest that the dog house entryway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Blue Lacy’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Blue Lacy a house. This makes it easier for you to clean out your Blue Lacy’s house. You should empty your Blue Lacy’s house as frequently as you give your Blue Lacy a bath.
Blue Lacy Dog House: Conclusion
If your Blue Lacy stays outside then he needs to have a pleasant place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Blue Lacy will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Blue Lacys.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂