Greater than 50 percent of owners allows their Karakachan Dogs to live indoors and sleep on their sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you guys who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Karakachan Dog, here are some easy rules to follow when deciding the type of shelter you want to provide for your Karakachan Dog.
Building Your Karakachan Dog a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Karakachan Dog’s potential adult size. Humans enjoy having about 2 feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Karakachan Dog will also enjoy having that much room. The comfort zone for both people and Karakachan Dogs is about 33 percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Karakachan Dog will need get a measuring tape and measure your Karakachan Dog. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Karakachan Dog when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Karakachan Dog should be able to peer out the front entrance when both standing up and sitting. So the Karakachan Dog won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his tummy, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand over the Karakachan Dog and measure the breadth of the widest point of the Karakachan Dog’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Karakachan Dog: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow below. To dissuade bugs from entering the house, and taking your Karakachan Dog’s health into consideration, remember how vital fresh air is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the walls underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Karakachan Dog can use the heat of its body to warm up the space if it is very cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will permit your Karakachan Dog to escape the bad weather. Your animal can decide to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
How to Build Your Karakachan Dog a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit angled toward the opening and build the roof a little bit slanted, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints suggest that the house door faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Karakachan Dog’s Dog House
5. It is suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Karakachan Dog a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to clean your Karakachan Dog’s home. You should empty the Karakachan Dog’s house as frequently as you give your Karakachan Dog a bath.
Karakachan Dog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Karakachan Dog lives outside then he deserves to have a suitable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Karakachan Dog will help you get started.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Karakachan Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂