Greater than 50 percent of owners allows their Combais to live inside and sleep on the sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you guys who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Combai, following are some simple rules to follow when figuring out the type of shelter you want to provide for your Combai.
Building a Dog House for Your Combai: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by making sure the house is big enough to accommodate your Combai’s potential adult size. People enjoy having about 2 feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Combai will also appreciate having that much space. The comfort zone for both humans and Combais is around thrity-three percent of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Combai will need get out a tape measure and measure your Combai. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Combai when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Combai should be able to gaze out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Combai will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand over the Combai and measure the width of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Combai a Dog House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow below. To discourage bugs from invading the dog house, and taking your Combai’s health into consideration, remember how vital fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the panels below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Combai can use the warmth of its body to warm up the area if it is really cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will allow your Combai to escape the unpleasant weather. Your animal can choose to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Combai would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
How to Build Your Combai a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a little bit tilted toward the entrance and build the roof a little bit angled, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the dog house faces a different direction. Most house plans recommend that the house doorway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Combai’s House
5. It is recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Combai a house. This makes it easier for you to empty your Combai’s home. You should empty out your Combai’s house as much as you give your Combai a bath.
Combai Dog House: Conclusion
If your Combai lives outdoors then he needs to have a suitable place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Combai will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Combais.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂