Over 50 percent of the population allows their Chippiparais to live inside and sleep on the sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Chippiparai, to follow are some easy rules to follow when deciding the type of house you want to provide for your Chippiparai.
Building Your Chippiparai a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to accommodate your Chippiparai’s potential mature size. As humans, we enjoy having about 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Chippiparai will also enjoy having that much space. The target zone for both people and Chippiparais is about 33 percent of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Chippiparai will need get a tape measure and measure your Chippiparai. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Chippiparai when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Chippiparai should be able to gaze out the front door when both sitting and standing. So the Chippiparai will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand above the Chippiparai and measure the width of the widest point of the Chippiparai’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Chippiparai: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade bugs from invading the house, and taking your Chippiparai’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Chippiparai can use the warmth of its own body to warm up the space if it is very cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will help your Chippiparai to escape the unpleasant weather. Your animal can decide to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Chippiparai would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
How to Build Your Chippiparai a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit tilted in the direction of the opening and build the roof a bit tilted, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the house is facing a different direction. Most dog house plans suggest that the dog house entryway faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Chippiparai’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Chippiparai a house. This makes it simpler for you to clean out your Chippiparai’s house. You should empty out the Chippiparai’s house as much as you give your Chippiparai a bath.
Chippiparai Dog House: Conclusion
If your Chippiparai stays outdoors then he deserves to have a comfortable place to snooze and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Chippiparai will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Chippiparais.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂