More than 50% of people permit their Chilean Fox Terriers to stay inside and sleep on their sofa or in the bed. For those of you guys who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Chilean Fox Terrier, below are our easy rules to follow when deciding what type of shelter you want to build for your Chilean Fox Terrier.
How to Build Your Chilean Fox Terrier a House: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to accommodate your Chilean Fox Terrier’s potential mature size. Humans enjoy having about 2 feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. Your Chilean Fox Terrier will also appreciate having that much room. The target zone for both humans and Chilean Fox Terriers is around thrity-three percent of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Chilean Fox Terrier will need go get a ruler and measure your Chilean Fox Terrier. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Chilean Fox Terrier when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Chilean Fox Terrier should be able to look out the front door when both sitting and standing. So the Chilean Fox Terrier will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that door is high enough. Stand over the Chilean Fox Terrier and measure the breadth of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Chilean Fox Terrier a House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To dissuade pests from invading the dog house, and taking your Chilean Fox Terrier’s health into consideration, remember how vital fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Chilean Fox Terrier can use the warmth of its own body to heat the space if it is very cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will help your Chilean Fox Terrier to escape the unpleasant weather. Your Chilean Fox Terrier can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Chilean Fox Terrier would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Chilean Fox Terrier: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit angled toward the opening and build the roof a bit angled, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the dog house faces a different direction. Most house plans recommend that the house entryway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Chilean Fox Terrier’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Chilean Fox Terrier a house. This makes it simpler for you to empty your Chilean Fox Terrier’s house. You should empty the Chilean Fox Terrier’s house as often as you give your Chilean Fox Terrier a bath.
Chilean Fox Terrier Dog House: Conclusion
If your Chilean Fox Terrier stays outside then he needs to have a pleasant place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your Chilean Fox Terrier will help you get started.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Chilean Fox Terriers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂