More than 50% of people permit their Beaucerons to live inside and sleep on the sofa or in the bed. For those of y’all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Beauceron, here are our simple rules to follow when considering what type of shelter you want to provide for your Beauceron.
How to Build Your Beauceron a House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is big enough to accommodate your Beauceron’s potential adult size. We enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Beauceron will probably also enjoy having that much room. The comfort zone for both people and Beaucerons is about 33% of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Beauceron will need get a tape measure and measure your Beauceron. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Beauceron when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Beauceron should be able to look out the front door while both standing up and sitting. So the Beauceron won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand over the Beauceron and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the Beauceron’s shoulders.
Building a Dog House for Your Beauceron: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow underneath. To discourage pests from invading the house, and taking your Beauceron’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the panels below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Beauceron can use the heat of its own body to warm the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will permit your Beauceron to escape the inclement weather. Your animal can choose to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Beauceron would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
How to Build Your Beauceron a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit tilted in the direction of the doorway and construct the roof a bit angled, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the dog house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the house door faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Beauceron’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Beauceron a house. This makes it simpler for you to clean your Beauceron’s house. You should clean your Beauceron’s house as much as you give your Beauceron a bath.
Beauceron Dog House: Conclusion
If your Beauceron lives outdoors then he needs to have a pleasant place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Beauceron will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Beaucerons.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂