More than fifty percent of owners allows their Old Croatian Sighthounds to stay inside and sleep on the couch or in the bed. For those of you all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Old Croatian Sighthound, to follow are some easy rules to follow when determining the type of house you want to provide for your Old Croatian Sighthound.
How to Build a House for Your Old Croatian Sighthound: Size
1. You should start your house building process by making sure the house is large enough to fit your Old Croatian Sighthound’s potential adult size. As humans, we enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling boxed in. Your Old Croatian Sighthound will also appreciate having that much space. The target zone for both humans and Old Croatian Sighthounds is around 1/3 of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Old Croatian Sighthound will need go get a tape measure and measure your Old Croatian Sighthound. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Old Croatian Sighthound when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Old Croatian Sighthound should be able to see out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the Old Croatian Sighthound won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand over the Old Croatian Sighthound and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Old Croatian Sighthound a House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade pests from entering the house, and taking your Old Croatian Sighthound’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the walls under the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Old Croatian Sighthound can use the warmth of its own body to heat the area if it is very cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will permit your Old Croatian Sighthound to escape the bad weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build Your Old Croatian Sighthound a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the house make the floor just a little bit tilted toward the doorway and construct the roof a little bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most dog house blueprints recommend that the dog house entryway faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Old Croatian Sighthound’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Old Croatian Sighthound a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to empty your Old Croatian Sighthound’s house. You should clean the Old Croatian Sighthound’s house as often as you give your Old Croatian Sighthound a bath.
Old Croatian Sighthound Dog House: Conclusion
If your Old Croatian Sighthound stays outdoors then he needs to have a comfortable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Old Croatian Sighthound will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Old Croatian Sighthounds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂