Over 50% of the population permit their Spinone Italianos to live inside and sleep on the couch or in their owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Spinone Italiano, to follow are our simple rules to follow when deciding the type of house you want to provide for your Spinone Italiano.
How to Build a House for Your Spinone Italiano: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your Spinone Italiano’s potential mature size. As humans, we enjoy having about two feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Spinone Italiano will also appreciate having that much room. The target zone for both people and Spinone Italianos is around a third of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Spinone Italiano will need go get a ruler and measure your Spinone Italiano. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Spinone Italiano when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Spinone Italiano should be able to look out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the Spinone Italiano will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand above the Spinone Italiano and measure the width of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Spinone Italiano: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow underneath. To discourage pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Spinone Italiano’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the panels below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Spinone Italiano can use the heat of its own body to warm the space if it is extremely cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will allow your Spinone Italiano to escape the unpleasant weather. Your Spinone Italiano can decide to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Spinone Italiano would probably love having a pillow or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building a House for Your Spinone Italiano: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit slanted toward the doorway and build the roof a little bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the US most storms come from the south and west so make sure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most dog house blueprints recommend that the house doorway faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Spinone Italiano’s Dog House
5. It is recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Spinone Italiano a house. This makes it easier for you to clean out your Spinone Italiano’s house. You should clean out your Spinone Italiano’s house as frequently as you give your Spinone Italiano a bath.
Spinone Italiano Dog House: Conclusion
If your Spinone Italiano lives outdoors then he needs to have a pleasant place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your Spinone Italiano will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Spinone Italianos.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂