Greater than 50% of the population allows their Taigans to stay indoors and sleep on the sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Taigan, following are our easy rules to follow when considering what type of shelter you want to build for your Taigan.
Building Your Taigan a House: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to accommodate your Taigan’s potential mature size. People enjoy having around 2 feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Taigan will also appreciate having that much room. The target zone for both people and Taigans is about a third of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Taigan will need go get a measuring tape and measure your Taigan. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Taigan when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Taigan should be able to look out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the Taigan will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that door is high enough. Stand above the Taigan and measure the width of the widest point of the Taigan’s shoulders.
Building Your Taigan a Dog House: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow underneath. To dissuade pests from invading the house, and taking your Taigan’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the panels below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Taigan can use the heat of its own body to warm the area if it is very cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will help your Taigan to escape the inclement weather. Your animal can choose to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Taigan would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
Building a House for Your Taigan: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the dog house make the floor just a bit angled toward the door and build the roof a bit tilted, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so make sure the house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the house doorway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Taigan’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Taigan a house. This makes it simpler for you to clean your Taigan’s house. You should clean the Taigan’s house as frequently as you give your Taigan a bath.
Taigan Dog House: Conclusion
If your Taigan stays outdoors then he deserves to have a comfortable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Taigan will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Taigans.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂