Over fifty percent of owners permit their Paisley Terriers to live inside and sleep on the couch or in their owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Paisley Terrier, following are some simple rules to follow when determining the type of house you want to build for your Paisley Terrier.
How to Build Your Paisley Terrier a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to fit your Paisley Terrier’s potential mature size. People enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Paisley Terrier will probably also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both humans and Paisley Terriers is about 1/3 of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Paisley Terrier will need go get a tape measure and measure your Paisley Terrier. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Paisley Terrier when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Paisley Terrier should be able to look out the front door when both standing up and sitting. So the Paisley Terrier won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand over the Paisley Terrier and measure the breadth of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Paisley Terrier a Dog House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To discourage pests from invading the house, and taking your Paisley Terrier’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the walls under the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Paisley Terrier can use the heat of its own body to heat up the area if it is extremely cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will help your Paisley Terrier to escape the bad weather. Your Paisley Terrier can decide to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Paisley Terrier would probably love having a pillow or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build Your Paisley Terrier a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit slanted in the direction of the entrance and construct the roof a bit tilted, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so ensure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most house plans suggest that the dog house entrance faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Paisley Terrier’s House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Paisley Terrier a dog house. This makes it easier for you to clean out your Paisley Terrier’s home. You should empty the Paisley Terrier’s house as frequently as you give your Paisley Terrier a bath.
Paisley Terrier Dog House: Conclusion
If your Paisley Terrier lives outdoors then he needs to have a comfortable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your Paisley Terrier will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Paisley Terriers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂