Greater than 50% of owners permit their Giant Schnauzers to live inside and sleep on the sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you guys who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Giant Schnauzer, to follow are our easy rules to follow when figuring out what type of shelter you want to provide for your Giant Schnauzer.
Building Your Giant Schnauzer a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Giant Schnauzer’s potential mature size. We enjoy having around two feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Giant Schnauzer will probably also enjoy having that much space. The comfort zone for both humans and Giant Schnauzers is about 33 percent of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Giant Schnauzer will need get out a measuring tape and measure your Giant Schnauzer. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Giant Schnauzer when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Giant Schnauzer should be able to gaze out the front entrance while both sitting and standing. So the Giant Schnauzer won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand above the Giant Schnauzer and measure the width of the widest point of the Giant Schnauzer’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Giant Schnauzer: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To discourage bugs from entering the house, and taking your Giant Schnauzer’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Giant Schnauzer can use the warmth of its body to heat the space if it is really cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will permit your Giant Schnauzer to escape the bad weather. Your Giant Schnauzer can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build Your Giant Schnauzer a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a bit angled in the direction of the door and build the roof a little bit tilted, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the south and west so make sure the house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints suggest that the dog house opening faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Giant Schnauzer’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Giant Schnauzer a dog house. This makes it easier for you to empty out your Giant Schnauzer’s home. You should empty out your Giant Schnauzer’s house as often as you give your Giant Schnauzer a bath.
Giant Schnauzer Dog House: Conclusion
If your Giant Schnauzer stays outside then he deserves to have a pleasant place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for your Giant Schnauzer will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Giant Schnauzers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂