Training the Lakeland Terrier is quite easy. All that’s required is dedication, patience along with a few simple tricks and you’ll break them in successfully.
Below are five Top Suggestions for how you can train the Lakeland Terrier with fantastic results:
1. In order to avoid your Lakeland Terrier from getting confused and so that they will be able to begin to recognize instructions quickly just 1 person should train your Lakeland Terrier starting out. When too many individuals are attempting to train your Lakeland Terrier simultaneously it may stop progress in its tracks.
2. Trainers must always utilize positive reinforcements and feedback. Whenever the Lakeland Terrier obeys, the trainier might praise the action so that he can understand that what he did was correct. If the Lakeland Terrier can’t follow or understand your commands, don’t scold him. Lakeland Terriers are not as intelligent as us, they take longer to learn. What you must take into account is that a Lakeland Terrier will not readily obey your commands in the first teaching, it requires repetition to train your Lakeland Terrier successfully. Do not harass your Lakeland Terrier as he may develop anxiety which will stunt his learning and willingness to be broken in. Trainers should use treats or snacks to reward your Lakeland Terrier, but don’t overuse it.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Attempt to train him on one order after the next. In the event he won’t remember it, just remain on that skill only because trying new skills will probablly just confuse the Lakeland Terrier. Rely on the basics.
4. While executing commands, keep your tone pleasant so that the Lakeland Terrier will gladly submit to your teachings. Lakeland Terriers respond to a low and coaxing voice. If you shout out loud, he might become nervous and fearful.
5. Train a Lakeland Terrier in different places. When you keep the Lakeland Terrier in just 1 particular environment like your house, he won’t be able to adjust to a different space with new people. Take him to the dog park or through your neighborhood. This can assist your Lakeland Terrier get acquainted with more people and breeds.
Lakeland Terrier Training: Conclusion
Breaking in a Lakeland Terrier can sometimes be difficult, however it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Lakeland Terrier is broken in. You never know, he could even save your life one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Lakeland Terriers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂