Over 50% of people permit their Dogue De Bordeauxs to stay indoors and sleep on their couch or in the bed. For those of you guys who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Dogue De Bordeaux, to follow are our easy rules to follow when deciding what type of shelter you want to provide for your Dogue De Bordeaux.
Building a House for Your Dogue De Bordeaux: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to fit your Dogue De Bordeaux’s potential mature size. We enjoy having around 2 feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Dogue De Bordeaux will probably also enjoy having that much space. The target zone for both humans and Dogue De Bordeauxs is about 1/3 of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Dogue De Bordeaux will need go get a measuring tape and measure your Dogue De Bordeaux. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Dogue De Bordeaux when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Dogue De Bordeaux should be able to peer out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the Dogue De Bordeaux won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand above the Dogue De Bordeaux and measure the breadth of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Dogue De Bordeaux a Dog House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow below. To discourage bugs from invading the house, and taking your Dogue De Bordeaux’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the panels below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Dogue De Bordeaux can use the heat of its body to heat the area if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will help your Dogue De Bordeaux to escape the unpleasant weather. Your Dogue De Bordeaux can decide to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Dogue De Bordeaux would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
How to Build a House for Your Dogue De Bordeaux: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a little bit tilted toward the entrance and construct the roof a bit slanted, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In the United States most storms come from the south and west so ensure the dog house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the dog house doorway faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Dogue De Bordeaux’s House
5. It is recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Dogue De Bordeaux a dog house. This makes it easier for you to empty out your Dogue De Bordeaux’s house. You should clean your Dogue De Bordeaux’s house as often as you give your Dogue De Bordeaux a bath.
Dogue De Bordeaux Dog House: Conclusion
If your Dogue De Bordeaux stays outside then he needs to have a suitable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Dogue De Bordeaux will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Dogue De Bordeauxs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂