Greater than fifty percent of owners permit their Chow Chows to stay inside and sleep on the couch or in the bed. For those of y’all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Chow Chow, to follow are our simple rules to follow when considering what type of house you want to build for your Chow Chow.
Building a House for Your Chow Chow: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to accommodate your Chow Chow’s potential mature size. Humans enjoy having around 2 feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling boxed in. Your Chow Chow will probably also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both people and Chow Chows is approximately thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Chow Chow will need get a tape measure and measure your Chow Chow. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Chow Chow when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Chow Chow should be able to see out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the Chow Chow won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand above the Chow Chow and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the Chow Chow’s shoulders.
Building Your Chow Chow a Dog House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow underneath. To discourage pests from invading the dog house, and taking your Chow Chow’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the panels underneath the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Chow Chow can use the heat of its own body to warm the space if it is really cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will help your Chow Chow to escape the unpleasant weather. Your animal can decide to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build Your Chow Chow a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the house make the floor just a little bit slanted toward the entryway and construct the roof a little bit on an angle, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most dog house plans recommend that the house door faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Chow Chow’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Chow Chow a house. This makes it easier for you to empty your Chow Chow’s house. You should empty the Chow Chow’s house as much as you give your Chow Chow a bath.
Chow Chow Dog House: Conclusion
If your Chow Chow stays outside then he deserves to have a suitable place to snooze and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Chow Chow will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Chow Chows.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂